Wednesday, September 7, 2011

In All of Its Masculine Glory #loadmoreguys

I logged into Grindr today like I do everyday

usually regretting it the moment I go online and "load more guys"

it is just more of the same...the same kind of guy saying the same stupid-ass shit

putting down feminism...debasing anything femme or allegedly womanly... of the woman...the she...the her...the female...the pussy...the vagina...the repulsive cunt

this pisses me off because I love women, I adore women...women are...and have always been my greatest allies, my biggest fan...my saving grace in a homophobic, man's world

I don't know why they call it Grindr..Grind-her...they should call it Grindm as in Grind-him...

because it is all about the he...the him...the man...the alleged macho...masculine for masculine...the cock...the Johnson...the amazing Houdini about to do his magic trick...the dick...the prick

supposedly...


yet there is only so much masculinity involved in a dude fucking another dude, if you ask me...

Profiles solicit...

No femmes, no queens, masc. for masc., "straight-acting," discreet, MEN WHO HAVE SEX WITH MEN, dude, jock, down low, athlete, masculine...masculine...masculine...MASCULINE


You know what...screw masculinity...screw testosterone...it is why we fight wars instead of sitting down and talking things out

It is why we lynched black men out of fear of them dating white women...it is why we denied women control over their own bodies and used them as baby-making machines...

IT is why this world is over-populated and underserved and all the money and the power lie in the hands a few, greedy masculine-acting men and women

I think the world especially the gay world could truly use a healthy dose of feminism and estrogen in its daily health regimen

I mean shit...if gay men could just slow down for a second

instead of worrying so much about fucking and fucking and fucking and fucking

and inserting their "masculine" dicks in every jam jar up and down the Mason-Dixon line

maybe HIV and AIDS wouldn't be so bad

less fucking, more talking

less fucking, more loving

less fucking, more feminism

AIDS is not something anyone deserves regardless of how reckless or responsible their behavior is

and it's not just a gay man thing anymore

I mean AIDS is after the woman...the she...the her...the feminist in us all

1 in 436 women in Florida alone are HIV positive

I heard a story the other day about a friend of a friend...37 years old...working professional in the prime of her life pursuing a doctorate...

just found out she is HIV positive...she's devastated...she is afraid her parents might disown her if they found out

she is not gay...she does not do drugs...again here I am feeding into the stigma of HIV/AIDS as something earned and deserved through alleged bad behavior

shit if HIV/AIDS was earned, I would be the first one with a degree in it...I have had so many near-misses...I still question the doctor everytime he or she tells me my HIV test results

anyways...this woman just had unprotected sex in the heat of the moment with 1 of the 3 men she was ocassionally romantically involved with

she said, "no one has protected sex all of the time..." at least she didn't...I know I haven't either...I hope some do have protected sex all of the time

because now she faces the stigma, the fear, the challenges of being HIV positive as a straight woman...in a straight world

at least if I ever was HIV positive...it would be as a gay man in a gay world...something unfortunately expected of us...something we are a little more prepared to face

something I never really imagined but it is real

especially real here and across the globe

AIDS is not dead and people are still dying every day because of disparities in preventative treatment, lack of sex education, dominant cultural practives of men having their ways with men and women and children no matter what the cost

Did you know that in 2009...here in North America, 1.5 million people were living with HIV while in in Sub-Saharan Africa...22.5 million people were living with HIV...of this it was estimated that 2.3 million of these cases were children

Furthermore...1.3 million people died from AIDS-related causes in 2009 in Sub-Saharan Africa compared to 26,000 in North America

Shit...is it 2011 or is it 2011?

AIDS is not dead...it is after the man, the woman, the child...the family...it is after feminism and we have to talk about it...we have to engage it...we have to protect ourselves from it

AIDS is also on Grindr waiting for me...I am sure of it...amongst all of those "straight-acting," masc. 4 masc., gift-givers...waiting for me...

if I am willing to go after it

in all of its masculine glory

No comments:

Post a Comment